Friday 5 June 2009

Eat, Pray, Love... The Shaman's Dream Bowl.

I have recently started reading the novel, Eat, Pray, Love, by Elizabeth Gilbert, which my Sister lent me a few days ago. I have only read the first few chapters but am already gripped and compelled to write!

The author, who also happens to be the main character, has begun a journey of Spiritual discovery, and has just been informed by a friend that it is perfectly acceptable to petition the Universe, Great Spirit, Buddha, Allah or God, (depending on you personal Spiritual beliefs) for those things that you do or don't want, occurring in your life.


This is something that I used to do quite regularly, but somewhere along the line, I forgot....

As a practising Shaman I use a Dream Bowl, that I made especially for this purpose. I keep a separate bowl of mixed crystals and chose one at random to pray with or charge, before placing it in the bowl and sending my prayers, dreams or wishes to Spirit. During the Dark of the Moon the bowl is emptied, cleaned, and the crystals cleansed, ready to begin afresh with the New Moon. Many people have added their dreams to mine over the years, and some with great, even miraculous success.





So here I begin again:



Great Spirit,
Hear me,
Hear this Daughter of Earth, this child of Spirit,
Hear my call.

I have a dream Great Spirit,
I dream of self-sufficiency.
To have land and a home,
A home that is large enough to open to others.

This dream is not just for myself Great Spirit,
I would like the opportunity to help others.
To be a Mother to those not blessed with one of their own,
And teach these children to walk gently on the Earth,
I would wish to grant these children relief Great Spirit,
To free them from those experiences that have brought them pain and doubt.
To guide them and grant them the skills for their Journey,
So that they to, may walk their path with Heart.

I am but a Little Fish Great Spirit,
A Little Fish who would like to make a difference,
To cast a ripple across the pond,
And create a wave upon the lake.

So this is my petition to you Great Spirit,
Grant me the means to purchase some land.
Send me your blessings in this venture Great Spirit,
Help me find my dreams a home.



Aho

..............................................

The premise of this particular exercise is to ask those you love, or those that would wish your prayers to be answered, to add their signatures affirming their support. These people can be in this world or the next, and do not necessarily have to be people that you know personally. It is enough that you believe that they would wish for you to be granted that which you are asking for, this allows you to add signatures on their behalf.

So I ask myself, Who would sign this?

My Partner Alex would sign this.
My Children would sign this.
My Mother would sign this.
My Brother and his Wife would sign this.
My Cousin Becky and her Husband would sign this.
My Cousin Anna would sign this.
My Neighbour Sophie would sign this.
Mother Teresa would sign this.
Florence Nightingale would sign this.
My Grandmother would sign this.
My Grandfather would sign this.
My Aunts and Uncles would sign this.
My friends, Rach, Angela, Natalie and Michelle, would definitely sign this.
Elizabeth Gilbert would sign this.
My Sisters would sign this.
My Father would sign this.
My Nan would sign this.
My In-Laws would sign this.
My Shamanic Teacher would sign this.
My old Friend Caroline would sign this.
My Favourite French Teacher Mr Gosling, would sign this.
The old Crowd from the Shire Horse Centre would sign this.
Tim, Mark, Vicky, Cheryl, Martin, Ryan and Helen, would sign this.
Dorothy and Micheal would sign this.
The Friends I made at University would sign this.
My Fairyland Friends from face book, would sign this.
Those that I have loved and lost, along roads less travelled, would sign this.

Would you sign it?

Please feel free to add your name or those you believe would sign this petition in my comments, and I will gratefully update them to my list.

If you'd like to write a petition of your own for the Dream Bowl, leave me a link and I will gladly post them, lets make a difference to our lives, spread a little happiness, and make our wishes come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment