Saturday 6 June 2009

A Medicine Bag For Ruby - Part One

My Godaughter Ruby was born nearly a year ago now to my closest friend and cousin, Becks. During the pregnancy, I was asked to search for a Totem for the unborn child. I entered the Sacred Circle, called in Spirit and began my quest. What I returned with, was not what I expected...the child would be blessed and guided, by the Totem animal Giraffe.


While wondering how to explain this to my Cousin, she rang me..."I've had the weirdest dream," she said. I was trapped inside the belly of a Giraffe and had to find my way out! While I always knew that we shared a very close bond, I had not anticipated that she would pick up the energy that was being created between Ruby and I, as I journeyed on her behalf. As I had entered my trance, Becky had slept, and between us we had arrived at the same vision.


Not knowing much about the energetic qualities of the Giraffe, I did some research, this is what I found: The Giraffe enables its bearer to stretch, reaching new heights of achievement, creating a bridge to new realms and perceptions; to look at or view things in a new way; to learn to use thier inner vision and act on their intuition, their instincts; and to think ahead when doing or planning something.


Unsuprisingly, when Ruby was finally born, she topped the height charts and has continued to do so ever since.


Nearly a year on, I am more aware of Ruby's gifts and Personal Medicine, I am now ready to create her Medicine Bag...





I begin the process by reconnecting to my original vision, pulling the picture of Ruby's personal Totem, into my mind. Once I have a clear impression of any unique features or markings, I usually then scan around at other pictures to get an idea of bone structure and movement. This allows me to bead in the same direction, that the animals hair would naturally grow. I then outline my impressions...


This is my sketch for Ruby's Medicine Bag, the next step is to chose the leather and beads that I will use, then I can begin. The entire process is done in Sacred Circle, with the blessing of those Spirits that would wish Ruby well and aid me to draw both power and protection into the finished Bag.

I'm moving on to the next step...I'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful and powerful process and connection, thankyou for sharing.

    Kathleen xx

    ReplyDelete